This recipe shows you how to add an AdPlugg ad to your Brilliant Directories site. This recipe just adds a single ad but you can use it to add any number of ads by combining it with other recipes, etc. The recipe uses the AdPlugg Ad Snippet (which will work on any site) but this recipe has instructions that are specific to a Brilliant Directories site.
Create An Ad
First, we need to create an AdPlugg Ad.
- From within your AdPlugg account, create an Ad and upload an ad image (see the Ad Help Page for details).
Add the AdPlugg SDK to Your Brilliant Directories site
Next we are going to add the AdPlugg SDK to your Brilliant Directories site.
- Log in at brilliantdirectories.com.
- From your Brilliant Directories dashboard, go to Settings (in the left menu) and then choose Design Settings.
- From the tab bar at the top, click on the "Custom CSS / HEAD" tab.
- From within your account at adplugg.com, click Download and then Snippet.
- Click the Get The Snippet button (it's at the bottom).
- Copy the AdPlugg SDK and paste it into field in Brilliant Directories labeled "Insert Additional HEAD Elements Below".
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.
Add an AdPlugg Ad Tag
Follow the below instructions to add an AdPlugg Ad Tag to your Brilliant Directories site using a Widget.
- From your Brilliant Directories dashboard, go to Toolbox (in the left menu) and then choose Widget Manager.
- Click on the New Widget button (in the top right).
- Give the Widget a name (such as "Ads").
- Leave the Widget Type, set to "Widget".
- From your AdPlugg dashboard, go to Download and then Snippet. Then click the Get the Snippet button (at the bottom).
- Copy the Ad Tag to your clipboard.
- Go back to Brilliant Directories and paste the Ad Tag into the Widget Code field.
- Save the Widget
Your ads should now start serving into the Ad Tag on your Brilliant Directories site!
Adding More Ads!
You can insert ads into other areas of your Brilliant Directories site using the same technique that we used above. You can also use AdPlugg Zones to serve different (or the same) ads into your content, sidebar, header, etc.