This recipe shows you how to place an ad on a Squarespace site using AdPlugg. This recipe just adds a single ad but you can use it to add any number of ads by combining it with other recipes, etc. The recipe uses the AdPlugg Ad Snippet - which will work on any site but this recipe has instructions that are specific to a Squarespace site.
Create An Ad
First, we need to create an AdPlugg Ad.
- From within your AdPlugg account, create an Ad and upload an ad image (see the Ad Help Page).
- From inside the Squarespace admin, go to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection.
- From within your account at adplugg.com, click "Download" and then "Snippet".
- Click the "Get The Snippet" button.
- Copy the AdPlugg SDK and paste it into the Header field back in the Squarespace admin.
- Click the "Save" button.
Add an AdPlugg Ad Tag
Now we are going to add an AdPlugg ad tag to one of your Squarespace pages.
- From inside the Squarespace admin, go to "Pages" and then click on the Page that you want to add an ad to.
- On the right side, in the preview panel, hover over the content and click the "Edit" button.
- Click the + button or an Insert Point to open the block menu.
- In the block menu, scroll down to the "More" section and choose "Code" to add a Code block to the page.
- Back in the AdPlugg admin, copy the Ad Tag to your clipboard. and paste it into the Code block (overwriting the default "hello world" value). Tip: leave the type set to HTML and the "Display Source" checkbox turned off.
- Press the "Apply" button on the block window.
- Press the "Save" button to save your changes.
Your ad should now start serving into the Ad Tag on your Squarespace site!
Adding More Ads!
You can add AdPlugg ad tags anywhere in Squarespace that Blocks are allowed using the technique described above. This includes:
- Regular Pages
- Blog posts
- Event descriptions
- Product additional information
- Page headers and footers
You can also use AdPlugg Zones to serve different (or the same) ads into these various areas.
Check out the other recipes in the AdPlugg Cookbook for more cool things that you can do with the ads on your Squarespace site including scheduling, page targeting, rotation and more.