This recipe shows you how to add an AdPlugg ad to your Weebly site. This recipe just adds a single ad but you can use it to add any number of ads by combining it with other recipes, etc. The recipe uses the AdPlugg Ad Snippet (which will work on any site) but this recipe has instructions that are specific to a Weebly site.
Create An Ad
First, we need to create an AdPlugg Ad.
- From within your AdPlugg account, create an Ad and upload an ad image (see the Ad Help Page)
Add the AdPlugg SDK to Your Weebly Theme
Next we are going to add the AdPlugg SDK to your Weebly Theme. This allows you to place and run AdPlugg ads on your site.
- From inside the Weebly admin go to Theme > Edit HTML/CSS (it's in the bottom left) > Header Type > landing.html.
- From within your account at adplugg.com, click Download and then Snippet.
- Click the Get The Snippet button.
- Copy the AdPlugg SDK and paste it into your weebly page right after the opening <head> tag.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each of the different Header Types.
- Click the Publish button in the top right.
Add an AdPlugg Ad Tag
- Open your site in a browser, and right click where you want your ad to display. Choose Inspect Element and note the html tags that are in the location where you want your ad to appear. Find this same location in your theme file.
- Back in the AdPlugg Admin, copy the Ad Tag and paste it into your weebly theme file.
- Press the "Save" button to save your changes.
Your ads should now start serving into the Ad Tag on your Weebly site!
Adding More Ads!
You can add Ad Tags into other areas of your site using the same technique that we used above. You can also use AdPlugg Zones to serve different (or the same) ads into your content, sidebar, header, footer etc.