To put ads on a WordPress site using AdPlugg is easy.
- Download the WordPress Ad Plugin
- Unzip the zip file and add the "adplugg" folder to your wp-content/plugins folder
- Go to your WordPress administrator (usually located at http://www.myblog.com/wp-admin)
- Go to the Plugins page. You should see the AdPlugg plugin listed there. If not, go back and make sure that you completed step 2.
- Activate the AdPlugg plugin by clicking the Activate link underneath the plugin name.
- There will now be a new AdPlugg Settings Page under the Settings menu on the left. Find it and go to it.
- Get your AdPlugg Access Code, enter it into the Access Code field and save your settings.
- Now go to Appearance > Widgets.
- You should see the AdPlugg widget there. Drag the AdPlugg widget to a Widget Area. Wherever you put the AdPlugg Widget is where it will display on your site.
- If you don't see any ads, login to adplugg.com and make sure that you have at least one active ad.
This section has information on how to gain more control over your ads.
When you add the AdPlugg Widget to your Widget Area, you will have the option to specify a Zone for the widget. You can create a Zone from inside your control panel at adplugg.com. Once you've created a Zone, you can get the Zone Machine Name from your list of zones. Add the Zone Machine Name to the Widget to load zone specific ads in the location of your Widget on the page.
There is more help available from the Help dropdown on the AdPlugg Settings page inside your WordPress administrator.