This recipe shows you how to add two ads to two different ad zones on your Wix site using the AdPlugg Snippet. This recipe uses two Ads and two Zones but you can use it to add any number of Ads and Zones. The recipe uses the AdPlugg Ad Snippet (which will work on any site) but this recipe has instructions that are specific to a Wix site.
Create An Ad and Zone in AdPlugg
- First, we'll create a Zone. From within your AdPlugg account, create a new Zone. Give the zone a descriptive name for where you want it to appear, such as right sidebar. See the Ad Zone Help Page for more info about creating Zones.
- Next, create an AdPlugg Ad. From within your AdPlugg account, create an Ad and upload an ad image From the Zone Targeting section near the bottom, target the Ad to the Zone that you created in step 1. Save the Ad. See the Ad Help Page for more information about creating AdPlugg ads.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for an additional ad and zone. Note that you can do as many of these as you want. See the end of the recipe for info about ad rotation, etc.
Add the AdPlugg Zone to your Site
Next we are going to add the AdPlugg SDK to your Wix site.
- Log in at wix.com.
- Select your site.
- From the Site Actions dropdown, choose "Edit Site".
- From the Wix site editor, click the Add (+) button.
- Go to More and under "Embeds", choose "HTML iFrame".
- Place the Wix HTML iFrame box where you want the ad/ads to appear.
- Resize the box to fit your ads.
- If you want the ads to appear on all pages, right click on the box and enable the "Show on all pages" setting.
- Click the "Enter Code" button.
- From within your account at adplugg.com, click Download and then Snippet.
- Click the "Get The Snippet" button.
- Copy the AdPlugg SDK and the AdPlugg Ad Tag for the particluar Zone that you want and paste it into the "Add your code here" box in the the Wix Site Editor.
- Repeat steps 4 through 12 for your second Zone.
- Click the Apply button to save your code.
- Save and publish your site.
You should now be able to see the ads live on your site.
As mentioned above, you can use the above instructions to create any number of Ad Zones. For example, you could create a "Right Sidebar" Zone a "Header" Zone and a "Footer" Zone. See our Ad Rotator recipes for instructions on how to rotate Ads in and out of the Zones.