This recipe shows you how to create two ads with two zones where each ad is displayed in its own zone. In this example, we place a leaderboard/banner ad at the top of the page and a narrow ad in the right sidebar part of the page. Following this recipe will give you a basic introduction to zones from which you can build more complex setups. Note: This recipe is for if you are using the Snippet, if you are using the WordPress Ad Plugin, see this recipe instead.
- Log in to the AdPlugg
- Go to Ads and then choose Zones
- Create a zone named "Right Sidebar". Set the Max Width to 100 to ensure that ads that are wider than 100px don't display in the zone (and mess up our page formatting. Note: for a live site it is a good idea to set the other Min and Max values. See the Ad Zone Help Page for more information about creating zones.
- Save the new zone.
- Create another zone. This time name the zone "Topbar" and set the minimum width to 700. Save the new zone.
- Create an ad. Name the ad "Sidebar Ad" and upload an image not wider than 100 pixels. See the Ad Help Page for more information about creating ads.
- Create another ad. Name the ad "Topbar Ad" and upload an image that is 728px wide (this is the standard width for a leaderboard banner ad).
- Download the Snippet by going to Download and then choosing Snippet.
- Insert the Right Sidebar tag into your website's source code wherever you want your Right Sidebar ads to display.
- Insert the Topbar tag into your website's source code wherever you want your Topbar ads to display.
Your two ads should now display on your site, one in the topbar and one in the right sidebar.